Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Blessed Sunday

It’s crazy to think that 10 years ago today “9/11” happened. I remember sitting in psychology class on the UNF campus, when someone ran into our lecture hall and said, “A plane just hit the second tower.” Our professor dismissed class and I walked back to my dorm. The campus looked desolate and I remember feeling confused. My roommate had the news on and filled me in on what was happening. It was a surreal moment. The students in my dorm seemed to all be on the phone with their parents, planning their trips home. My roommate and I sat on the couch, with our eyes glued to the TV, in complete silence. It felt in that moment that the world was coming to an end.

Fast forward 10 years later. America is still standing and we are still going about our every day lives. Since then, I’ve graduated college, gotten married, and had 2 children. God is good. I stood in my bathroom this morning getting ready for church, watching Cori play on our bed with Finley, and could do nothing but smile. I feel so blessed to live here in America. A place were I feel safe, a place where God is important, and a place where believers can gather together to worship the Lord with out being persecuted. America certainly isn’t perfect, but it’s where I live, and I’m grateful.

In remembering 9/11 this morning, it made me stop for a minute and soak in my sweet family. The time that I have with them is precious. The families who lost loved ones 10 years ago today, had no clue what was about to happen when they said good-bye for the day. We have no guarantee for tomorrow. We have no guarantee for a few hours from now. We only have the very moment that we are in right now.  Sometimes we need that reminder to cherish it. I don’t know about you, but I feel so blessed, especially today. I have two WONDERFUL girls and one AMAZING hubby!

Girls in Pink 005

No comments: