Wednesday, September 28, 2011

21 Months .. and a bit of rambling!

Hey Blog Friends!! Some weeks I’m all over this posting thing, and other weeks I’m not! This was one of those weeks. Yes I know it’s only Wednesday, but I haven’t blogged since last Thursday so it feels like FOREVER to me! I felt like I had something to share almost every day, but I never made it to the computer. I’m thinking I need to start a Blog Calendar – a place where I can write down ideas about posts I have and when I want to post them. That way I don’t let a whole week go by without blogging! Do any of you do that?

In other news, CB is 21 months old today! Where has the time gone? I know I say that ALL THE TIME, but it’s so true. I cannot even explain how much I LOVE that little girl. She brings so much JOY to my heart each and every day. Speaking of joy, CB and I have been singing about it recently. It goes a little something like this,  “I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart. Where? Down in my heart. Where? Down in my heart…I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart. Where? Down in my heart to stay!” Cori pats her heart while we sing. Then we talk about where her joy comes from, which is simply from Jesus alone. I LOVE that I get to spend time teaching her about Jesus everyday. My only desire is for her to know him personally and love him with all her heart. Everything else will fall into place. “Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all other things will be given to you.” Matthew 6:33. Nothing is more important!

 

botanical 004

botanical 007

botanical 008

 

My Dearest Cori Belle,

At 21 Months you have a wide range of vocabulary. You LOVE babies, especially your own sweet baby sister. You sleep in a big girl bed and know that your nuks are ONLY for sleep time. You have such a sweet personality and you LOVE jumping on the bed. Fruit snacks are your FAVORITE snack. It’s the first thing you ask for upon waking up from nap time. Well, those, and the “Hat!” (the Cat and the Hat). I think you would watch the “Hat” all day if I let you!! :) You LOVE to read!! “Dora Goes to the Beach” is your favorite at the moment. I sometimes catch you on the floor reading to your baby sister. She is so lucky to have you to look up to. You love to stack blocks and you are very interested in sorting colors at the moment! You love to draw on your easel and I often hear you standing there saying, “i, e .. i, e.” That’s how you spell your name and I LOVE it! You love to go through the names of your family members, “papa, yaya, mimi, grandad, mommy, daddy, baby!” You always get your vacuum out when I vacuum. You love taking Maverick outside and sometimes you even walk over to where he is going peepee and pretend to squat and pee as well. Hilarious! You love to swim in the pool. You LOVE to swing!! Whenever we go to the park you stand at the swing and say, “weee!”  until I push you on it. You have graduated up to the big girl swings now. You love to run and laugh. You love to “fly” on mommy and daddy’s feet when we do airplane with you. Sometimes I will catch you lying on the floor with your baby doll propped up on your feet as you tell her to “fly.” Precious! You copy everything we do and repeat almost everything we say. You LOVE to wear my shoes and go into my closet to put them on frequently. You are using the big girl potty, but haven’t officially started potty training yet. You always pull out your step stool in the bathroom and ask me so “sit” on it while you sit on your potty. I’d sit in there with you all day if you wanted me to! You ALWAYS want to wear socks when you go to bed – nap time and bed time. You are so giddy as I put them on your feet. It’s as if those socks make your day! Your hair is starting to flip out at the bottom and grow a little bit longer. It’s long enough to put a bow in, but you still love wearing head bands with a bow attached. You LOVE to wear those head band bows and ALWAYS make sure your baby sister is wearing one too! The list could go on forever, sweet one. You light up our lives and we love you more than words can express.

 

botanical 002

botanical 003

No comments: