Monday, September 6, 2010

Tiny Tot School

~CB is currently 8 months & 1 week old~

TotSchool

CB is LOVING Tot School and I have to admit, I am too! Since stepping out of the classroom there are definitely times when I miss teaching. I LOVE that I get to take the skills I have learned from my career and use them to benefit my child at home. Not to mention the quality time CB and I share together during Tot School. It’s such great fun!!

This week we started out with our Fisher Price Shape Sorter. CB loves to take off the lid and pull each shape block out individually. She is all about individualizing these days (except when she eats Puffs – those she feels the need to eat HANDFULLS at a time!!)

Cori - Tot School wk 35 001 “Blocks – WOW!!”

Cori - Tot School wk 35 006

Cori - Tot School wk 35 007

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cori - Tot School wk 35 008 She always inspects and tastes each one! :)

Cori - Tot School wk 35 013

Cori - Tot School wk 35 022

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She was very interested in the yellow top, wondering why there were all those holes in it. I have a feeling we will be playing with this for a LONG time!

Then, we moved into some reaching. CB LOVES books. I wonder where she gets that from?!?! She has SO MANY books in her room, but I tend to try and steer her towards the cardboard and soft cotton books at the moment – well, for eating purposes anyway!

Cori - Tot School wk 35 033

Cori - Tot School wk 35 045

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cori - Tot School wk 35 044 Reading upside down :)

Cori - Tot School wk 35 106 Reading a “good fit” book

Cori - Tot School wk 35 109

Cori - Tot School wk 35 110

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hmmm… these look better mommy!”

Cori - Tot School wk 35 117

She worked a little more with her Playschool Poppin’ Pals (which, I bought at Target in case anyone was wondering) from last week. She now goes down the row from left to right closing all the animals one at a time. She is getting faster at it as well and isn’t getting her little fingers stuck anymore! She has figured out that in order to close them more efficiently, she needs to place all her fingers on the backside of the lid. It’s so fun to watch the changes in just one week!

Cori - Tot School wk 35 087

Cori - Tot School wk 35 089

Cori - Tot School wk 35 090 

She has also figured out that if she grabs the handle and flips it over, she can close all the lids at once! :) Then, she proceeds to push it around like a vacuum cleaner!

Cori - Tot School wk 35 094

It’s also a GREAT step stool! :)

Cori - Tot School wk 35 065

 

Mom’s Favorite

(Carisa on 1+1+1=1 has this little addition to her Tot School posts and I decided to add it on too!)

Cori - Tot School wk 35 051

SO CUTE exploring in her Uggs! I know it’s summer, but these shoes aren’t going to fit much longer so we needed to get our use in! I promise I didn’t make her wear them outside in the Florida heat!!

Cori - Tot School wk 35 096

Just look at that darling little face! I can’t get enough of it!!

 

I hope you had fun in Tot School this week. Be sure to check out 1+1+1=1 to see what other moms are doing in Tot School at their homes! See ya next week!

1 comment:

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

What a cute idea and I'm so glad CB enjoys it!!