Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Morning of Prayer

Dear Lord,

We prayed for Finley to sleep last night and you answered us. Not only did you answer our prayer, but you gave us more than we asked. Eph. 3:20 speaks out to me. Thank you. Because of my sleep, I feel restored this morning and was able to get up early like the woman in Proverbs 31 to spend time in your word and pray. Thank you. I am writing my morning prayer on my blog to publicly say that I am so grateful for you, Lord. You have such wonderful and great plans for us, Lord, if only we are obedient to you. Your ways are so much better than ours and for that I am thankful to be a Christ follower. You see, as I read Exodus and the story of Moses, I am reminded just how important our obedience to you really is. How fulfilled can our lives really be if we turn our back on you? It’s only when we walk in true obedience to you can you give us MORE than we ever imagined or dreamed possible. Pastor Max talked this weekend about Faith without Faithfulness and how that just doesn’t work. I do have faith in you, Lord. And, pray that I am living out that Faith with the utmost of Faithfulness in my life’s choices and actions. Little eyes are watching me, Lord. Big eyes are watching me too as I think about the rest of David and I’s family and I just want to be a shining example of you, Lord. Build into me Lord as I build into you.

Thank you for my precious girls, Lord. May they grow to know you. For Cori, I am praying Proverbs 3:5-6 over her : “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.” For Finley, I am praying Psalm 32:8 over her : “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” … Lord, these children are your children. I know you have a purposeful life for them and I pray that they wake up and choose you everyday of their life.

Thank you for my sweet husband, Lord. He leads our family joyfully with you in the center of his heart. I couldn’t ask for more. Help me to be a respectful and loving wife all the days of my life. Proverbs 31:11-12 states, “Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing in value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.” Do not let my flesh get in the way of me choosing to live by this verse everyday.

As the quiet drifts away and the noise of the day begins, help me to be like Christ as I go about my day. “I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise will continually be on my lips. Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together.” Psalm 34:1,3

Amen.

No comments: