Monday, February 28, 2011

Such a good helper!

I LOVE having a girl … soon to be 2 girls! Not that I ‘m not excited about boys, because I am, I just love being a mom to a girl right now. I was actually telling Dave the other day that I’m a bit afraid to have a boy only because I feel so called to be a mom to girls at the moment, but that’s another story!!

I’m blogging today because Monday is grocery shopping day. Cori is at such a great age to grocery shop! She sits in the cart and eats her sugar cookie while I get all my shopping done. She holds the list and I read it off to her and explain what we are getting and why as I put it into the cart. I actually look forward to spending Mondays in the grocery store with her! HA! I don’t know what I’m going to do with I have TWO of them, but for now, I’ll just enjoy my shopping with one. :)

It used to be that I stressed out about getting all the groceries upstairs. Mostly because I would have to carry her AND the bags up, and it would take me 3 or 4 trips up and down the stairs with a baby. Ugh! Now little miss walks herself from the car to the front door and crawls up the stairs all by herself while I carry the bags up. Oh, it makes life so much easier!

So, now for the title of my post… Normally Cori goes right to sleep when we get home from the grocery store so I can put all the groceries away and start dinner, but she was VERY into the groceries today. So, I let her help me unload them. She unpacked the bag with the boxed goods while I unpacked the rest. She was SO PROUD of herself and even tried to put some of it away in the pantry. :) Once all the groceries were put away, she decided she would get the potatoes out of the pantry and attempt to carry them and the grocery bags around the kitchen. Pretending to pack and unpack her bag. It amazes me the amount of imaginative play one little girl can have at 14 months. Yes, today she turned 14 months old! I just can’t believe it!

Here are some pictures of her helping me with the groceries…

Home from the grocery store 031

Home from the grocery store 044

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Home from the grocery store 045

Home from the grocery store 046

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Home from the grocery store 034

Home from the grocery store 043

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Home from the grocery store 040Home from the grocery store 037

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am SO IN LOVE with her!!

2 comments:

Casey and Rebecca said...

So sweet!! And so far raising a boy isn't all that bad, no need to be worried.

Just Add Water said...

The last picture is my favorite :) Super cute!