Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It’s the Little Things…

Cori and I just finished breakfast and took the dog out. We are off to a late start this morning since she decided wake-up time was at 4:30 this morning. I finally got her back to bed at 5:45. Needless to say, I didn’t get up at 6:30 to read my bible. We both slept until 8:45.

I just sat down at the computer to check my email. I had 30 new messages since I didn’t check it yesterday at all. Cori is pretty good about playing independently for a bit. I do appreciate that about her!! I was about 5 emails through when I heard a whistle blowing. I looked over at Cori and this is what I saw…

Wistle Blowing 002

 

Yep, she had gone in her basket of sensory toys and found a whistle we got a few weeks ago at a friends birthday party. She put it around her neck, sat down next to my computer chair, and began blowing, as if to tell me, “Mom,  your time starts now. You have 10 minutes on that computer and when I blow the whistle again, you have to play with ME!” :) To say I was tickled at the sight of her blowing that whistle is an understatement! It was the most precious thing I have ever seen! For today, anyway! :) So glad the little things can make me smile!

Wistle Blowing 003

 

Wistle Blowing 004