Thursday, November 11, 2010

Road Trip!

This past weekend Cori and I took our first girls road trip. On Sunday morning around 6:45 am, Cori and I loaded up the car and headed south for Coral Springs to visit one my very best friends from high school. It’s about a 5 hour drive from Gainesville to Coral Springs so we had some designated stops along the way. On our way down, we stopped at Super Target in Orlando for some Starbucks for me and some breakfast for Cori. YUM for both of us! :) It was a much needed stop to make it the rest of the way. Cori was quite the cutie as we sat in the Starbucks in Target in her fleece PJ’s and beanie. She somehow got shopper after shopper to stop and talk to her!

After our breakfast stop, we drove 2 more hours where we stopped for gas and a bathroom break. Then, we finished out our trip of 6 total traveling hours. Cori was amazing in the car and I was SO thankful!! :)

You see, Ashley, my friend from high school, just had a sweet baby boy (Lochlan Michael) about 5 weeks ago and Cori and I couldn’t think of anything more fun than to drive down to meet him! He is absolutely precious – as all newborns are! Looking at him reminded me of Cori at that age, which is so easy to forget. It feels like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital and now she is 10 months old. Where does the time go!?!?

Upon arrival, Ashley, Lochlan, Cori and I headed out for some much needed lunch at a restaurant called Cheddars. It was delicious! Then, it was back to the house for a Premier Jewelry Party! That’s right… no visit would be complete without a jewelry party! :) Let me just say that Ashley got $434.00 in FREE JEWELRY!!! (Anyone want to book a party?? Just let me know!! .. Just to get a quick plug in there! Ha! :)

On Monday, we decided we need to get OUT of the house with the kiddos so we headed to the Sawgrass Mall, which is one of the largest outlet malls with all the best stores! I snagged a super cute Banana sweater for $25.00. Score!

We also spent Monday getting Mr. Lochlan on a 3 hour feeding schedule. I must say, it was so fun for me to be able to help with the crazy scheduling of a newborn. I am a BIG advocate of the “eat, wake, sleep and repeat every 3 hours” schedule. I’m also an advocate of SWADDLING and Mr. Lochlan definitely benefitted from that! I remember swaddling Cori and how it literally worked as a signal for sleep. Every time I started swaddling her she would instantly relax and close her eyes. She just knew. After a few swaddles, it worked for Lochlan too. Wahoo!! It was so sweet holding a newborn again! Cori had fun checking him out too. :)

On Tuesday, it was time for me to head back to Gainesville. As we were packing up I realized that we didn’t take ANY pictures of our time together. I guess we were just having too much fun catching up that I didn’t even have time to think about the camera! So, before I loaded Cori in the car, we sat her and Lochlan on the couch to snap a quick photo. It only took 5 tries to get this one! Ha! Look at how BIG Cori looks next to him!! But, look how sweet they are together!! :)

 

We had a great time!! Thanks for having us, Ashley! We’d love to have you in Gainesville anytime!! :)

No comments: