Friday, October 14, 2011

A Little Perspective

I tried to do too many things this morning. It really didn’t even seem like too much, but with 2 kids, sometimes things that don’t seem like a lot of work become HUGE tasks … like simply going to the gym, showering, getting gas, stopping at Target and the post office. I wanted to be home by 12:30 so Cori could eat and go down for a nap at a reasonable time. At 1:00 I was still standing in Target (in the little girls section debating on a pea coat for Cori, which I didn’t get, but wish I had!) and hadn’t even gone to the post office yet. David called to check in on our day and in that moment, Finley started fidgeting in the K’tan and Cori started crying in the cart. I started crying too. I literally felt like leaving my cart of goodies right there in the kids section and be-lining it out to my car. The only reason I didn’t was because I needed those garbage bags in my cart. We have been out of garbage bags at the house for 2 days now!

Sometimes I can be pretty easy going, but other times, I tend to let the little things in life get to me WAY to easily! After I hung up with David and took a few breaths, I made my way to the check out line and then headed for home. Forget the post office. That’s for another day! … A few minutes down the road, Francescia Battestelli’s song, “This is the Stuff” came on the radio. I’ve blogged about this song before, but in that moment, I couldn’t help but laugh. I’m so thankful that my God knows me so well. I SO needed to hear that…

This is the stuff that DRIVES ME CRAZY!

This is the stuff that’s GETTING TO ME lately!

In the middle of my LITTLE MESS I forget how BIG I’M BLESSED!

 

Every once in a while, I need a little perspective. It’s okay if things don’t go my way. It’s okay I can’t get it all done (even though I so desperately want to!) I can’t and never will be super mom. I really should stop trying. And, getting so upset about it that I’m standing in Target crying about it is absolutely absurd! Thank you, Lord for the reminder! Praying that each of you reading this is having a BLESSED day! Love to you all!

No comments: