Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dwell

One thing I ask from the LORD,

this only do I seek:

that I may dwell in the house of the LORD

all the days of my life,

to gaze on the beauty of the LORD

and to seek Him in His temple.

Psalm 27:4

 

I was just talking about dwelling in the Lord yesterday as I posted about our trip to the Pumpkin Patch so I thought I’d share a little more about that. A few weeks ago our church had it’s annual Fall Mini Retreat for the women’s ministry. This year, it was Kristy, Emily, and I’s to plan. We decided on a theme of Dwell – what it looks like to daily dwell in the Lord, delight as we dwell in the Lord, and our desire to dwell. Boy, was it G O O D! Since I was on the planning committee I didn’t get to sit in on all the speakers we had for the day. The one I did sit in on was about daily dwelling in the Lord and what that looks like for each one of us. I was so encouraged by the other ladies in the room as we each went around sharing how that looks in our home.

mini retreat 2 ps

Oh how I  L O V E these girls!!

 

DSC_0436 ps

Having a little F U N!

 

During this season of my life, I’m working on my need to “let go” and trust in the Lord. I have shared about interview season on the blog before and I know there is an “end date” in sight where we will finally know where our family will re-locate, but the whole waiting thing is T O U G H! I’m completely at peace about moving. I know God has big plans for our family and even though I’m sad about leaving friends and family behind, I am confident God’s got it under control. What I’m not at peace about is W H E R E. We have to sit down and look at all 11 programs and decide which is first. What if we choose wrong?! Deep down I know God is in control and will place us exactly where he wants us, but my flesh feels very anxious about creating that rank list! There are so many different cities to consider with pro’s and con’s in each one. I just don’t know how to decide!!!

This mornings bible study had me reflecting on Psalm 130:5 – “I  W A I T for the Lord, my soul waits; and in His Word, I put my H O P E.” Praying that I can dwell on that verse until we submit our rank list on Nov 15, and then again until Nov 30 when we hear the big news.

Praying for you all today. And, asking that you would be praying for me too!

No comments: