Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Fruit of the Spirit

But the fruit of the spirit is LOVE, JOY, PEACE, FORBEARANCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS, and SELF-CONTROL. Galatians 5:22.

Oh, how I need that today and everyday. It’s so easy to get caught up in the rat race of this life. Why do we do that to ourselves? God never meant for our lives to be filled with the frazzledness (is that even a word?!) of running around everyday in this “rat race.” There is just no better word for it.

God, I am praying today to remain focused on YOU, putting YOU in the center of everything. Be in the midst of cooking breakfast, putting the kids in the car, running errands, speaking to my children and my husband, Premier, doing dishes, doing laundry (which I loathe!!), cleaning the house… the list goes on. EVERYTHING I do today, let me do it for your glory, Lord.

My flesh so can so easily be stressed out by the “things” to get done in a day, that I end up doing nothing for eternity. I know I’m not the only one who feels this way, but it’s so easy to think you are alone in feeling like this. That’s just what the devil wants for us. He wants us caught up in this world, running a million miles a minute. Praying for a PEACEFUL day filled with PURPOSE – for me and for you – focusing on the things that matter.

This is a picture of our family after Dave got baptized on his birthday weekend. I will blog about that at some point. I am sharing it here today as a reminder of what MATTERS. This life is not ours. It belongs to the Lord. Let’s live it as if it truly does belong to Him.

1 comment:

Aimee Reeves said...

What a cute picture of you guys!! I had no idea that Dave was never baptized before. It was his first time? :)