Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Just some rambling…

It really has been a great past few days!! I have to admit, this past month has been hard. Dave has been on the Wards at the hospital, meaning he works 13 hour days and only gets 4 days off the entire month. That makes for a lot of single parenting, long days, over tiredness, and frustration. Finally, there is light at the end of the tunnel … 3 more days of Wards!!

I also feel like I’m never home. I’m completely at fault for that. We are always on the go doing fun things, but sometimes those fun things leave me stressed. Mainly because I’ve pushed my children to their limit and then I pay for it by their overtiredness, whininess, and ornery behavior. I recently had a conversation with a good friend about all of this. She reminded me that sometimes we just have to say “no” to some things. I can’t make every play date, attend every gym class, run every errand, attend every bible study, etc. Sometimes I just need to stay home. So, that’s what I’ve been trying to do around here and it feels SO GOOD! I’m blessed that I have the ability to stay home with my kids. I don’t have to rush them around to daycare so I can work. I have the opportunity to work from home and when I want to. I should embrace that by actually spending some time at home, right?! :)

It really has been magnificent. Cori and I have actually been able do some school stuff. Finley has actually been able to nap in her crib in the mornings. Imagine that?! I certainly am a girl who thrives on a schedule. It’s just so hard to decide what is and isn’t an important thing to do. But the more I think about it, the more I realize how important this very moment is with my children. They are two and 7 months. And they will only be this age ONCE. It’s time to stop trying to do “everything” and start slowing down to do what’s important – spending quality time with my girls, who are the absolute LOVES of my life!

Anyway, I took the time to write this down for memories sake. I think it will be fun to look back in 5 years, 10 years from now and remember what life was like. What I was struggling with and excelling at. Just to remember the moments that pass by all too quickly. The moments I just wish I could hold into forever. … All this to say, that it really has been a great few days! And, I know that Christ is the one to thank for all of this. He has always had it all under control. Why did I ever think I could keep it together on my own? All glory to Him for this beautiful life!

Cori Belle matching colors. She LOVES doing “school” related activities!!

February 7 Download 004

February 7 Download 005

 

My absolutely beautiful 7 month old!

Finley Grace ps

 

Hope you are enjoying this life as much as you possibly can – Cherishing moments with the ones you hold dear and focusing on the things that matter for eternity.

Until next time…

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love this post Danielle. I think as women, wives and mothers we struggle to do everything...well. Its nice to take time to step back and reevaluate priorities, breathe and play with the kids. Like you said, time is flying too fast and its time we won't get back.

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Immeasurably More Mama said...

You read my mind, girl! Us mommas need to slow down a little, prioritize and enjoy these moments with our children. The picture of CB matching colors is so cute!