Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I can’t believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone and we are well into the Christmas season already! Wow!

Dave had to work again this Thanksgiving. Tis the life of a resident. So, the girls and I drove down to Tampa last Thursday morning to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. We always have Thanksgiving at my aunt and uncles house. It really is the one time of year that my mom’s entire side of the family gets together. It’s truly a wonderful time.

I got to spend some quality time with my grandparents this year and it was SO nice. My grandpa is 89 and having a much more difficult time getting around these days. It was really nice to set next to him during Thanksgiving dinner. My grandma on the other hand is 88 and acts (and looks) like she’s 68!! I do love them so much!!

Thanksgiving 2011 003

 

My grandma had the BEST time playing with Finley Grace. It was so sweet to see them together!!

Thanksgiving 2011 008

Thanksgiving 2011 010

Thanksgiving 2011 011

 

Look at all those generations!! It really isn’t the best picture, but it’s the only one we had together!

Thanksgiving 2011 015

My grandma, my mom, me, and my two girls. LOVE!

Last year I remember Cori pushing this same stroller around. She was just learning to walk then. Now, she is all over the place! Crazy how fast those kiddos grow!

Thanksgiving 2011 018

 

Finley thought she would give it a try too..

Thanksgiving 2011 023ps

 

We also snagged a sibling picture. It’s rare to have all of us together these days! My brother has decided to grow out his beard! Such the grizzly man! :) HA!

Thanksgiving 2011 039 ps

 

Speaking of my siblings and I … we decided that we’d do the whole Black Friday shopping thing this year. We normally never do. Since Kohls is just down the street from my parents house, we decided to head over there when it opened at midnight. The line to get into the store was literally a quarter of a mile long! It only took us 15 minutes to get into the store. It was a MAD HOUSE while we were there though!! And to top it off, we waited in line for an HOUR AND A HALF just to check out!! They even had signs posted while you waited in line that said, “15 minutes to check out from this point.” HA! I felt like I was at Disney! We didn’t get home until 3 am!! … The real kicker was when I went back to Kohls on Saturday, all the sales were completely the SAME and all the shelves were re-stocked! Go figure!!

 

 

Dave drove down with his grandparents on Friday morning so we could celebrate Thanksgiving with his side of the family. We always get dressed up and take our Christmas card photo the Friday after Thanksgiving. This year was no different and we had one extra special person added into our family picture this year! I LOVE my little family!!

Jamie Download 432

Jamie Download 439

Jamie Download 441

Jamie Download 443

Jamie Download 477

 

Ryan and Missy took some cute ones too..

Jamie Download 415

Jamie Download 421

 

And a few more favorites of mine… Wish Casey, Rebecca, and Taylor were there with us!

Jamie Download 459

Jamie Download 466

Jamie Download 490

Jamie Download 518

 

We ended the weekend with some girls in Christmas dresses! All three of these dresses were David’s little sisters when she was 4 months, 16 months, and 28 months. We put one on each of the girls. They looked ADORABLE!!! Too bad I didn’t get any good pictures of them. This was the best one out of 30 attempts! Hopefully Mama Smith got some good ones on her camera!

Thanksgiving 2011 057ps

 

I do love this sweet one of my hubby and our girls together!!

Thanksgiving 2011 046ps

 

Hope your Thanksgiving was marvelous!! :) Until next time…

No comments: