December 28, 2009 was a big day for me. It was the day I became a momma. Just writing those words makes me tear up a bit. I can’t believe two years has already passed. I remember holding that precious baby in my arms and just couldn’t believe she was mine - - ours. What a miracle a baby is. Truly a gift from God. God’s perfect way to show us just how much he loves us – in the form of a baby. And what a beautiful baby she was.
Our first picture together
… to TWO years later
My dearest Cori Belle,
I can’t believe you are TWO! You are the most amazing two year-old I have ever met. You amaze your daddy and I more and more each day. Words can’t even express just how much we love you. We know God has big plans for you. Our prayer is that you will use that vibrant personality of yours to lead others to know the Lord and be an example to the world. We have a special verse that we pray over you and it’s Proverbs 3:5-6, which says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.”
Here are some things you are doing at TWO…
- Your favorite thing to say right now is “okay". It’s pretty much the response to any statement I say to you. And you say it with such enthusiasm!
- You are talking in full on sentences and it makes your daddy and I stand in awe.
- You sometimes answer your own questions and it’s so funny! In the car today you said, “Mommy, I can’t find my nook. Oh, here it is. Under the blanket.” Then you laughed at yourself! Daddy and I laughed too!
- You are a GREAT runner. And you thoroughly enjoy running around in circles when you reach the point of past bed-time deliriousness.
- You love to play duck-duck-goose!
- You have no fear of meeting new friends. We were leaving church the other day and you saw 3 kids sitting in the grass together playing duck-duck-goose. You ran as fast as you could to join in on the fun!
- You say “hi” to anyone and everyone passing by. I love how friendly you are.
- You have started signing songs. It’s really funny when you sing “Happy Birthday” to yourself. :)
- You LOVE saying your own name. Cori Belle.
- You have the most precious unconditional love for your little sister. I hope it’s always that way. You say her name so sweetly and I always find you kissing her and holding her hand. Talk about melting a momma’s heart.
- You can count to 10.
- You thoroughly enjoy bouncing! Jumping on the bed is one of your most favorite things to do right now!
- When you give someone kisses, you kiss them right on the lips.
- You have a heart that loves to pray. Each night when you go to bed you say, “I pray mommy, I pray daddy, I pray baby, I pray Mimi, I pray Yaya, I pray Poppop, I pray Granddad, Amen.”
- You LOVE to pretend play! You have tea parties, picnics, set your babies up to eat together at the table, nurse your baby, rock your baby, talk on your cell phone (and have LONG conversations with lots of your family members – mostly Mimi, Yaya, and Aunt Nen)
We celebrated your birthday with a play date at the park with a few friends, homemade blueberry pancakes for breakfast, yummy spaghetti for dinner, cookie cake for desert, and time with all your family members in between! We are planning a trip to Disney for your birthday in a few weeks! Oh, how I can’t wait!
And no birthday is complete with out pictures!! Here are some BEAUTIFUL two-year old pictures taken by your Aunt Jamie!
Happy Birthday Sweet one! We love you more than life!