Saturday, March 2, 2013

Wrapping up 2012 (a few months later)

Blogging has totally taken a back seat at my house these past few months. Pretty much since we moved. But I know 20 years from now, I will be so glad I wrote down what was going on in our life, even if it didn’t get written down right away.

2012 was a great year. God has just blessed our family abundantly and I am continually thankful to Him. We spent half the year finishing out our 11 year stay in Gainesville and the other half of the year starting a new life in Birmingham. I can hardly believe that we don’t live in Florida anymore, but we are enjoying Birmingham!

These are my two precious girls exactly one year ago. My how they have changed!!

C&F 2

C&F 1

It’s funny how much David and I complained about living in the Links Condos where we spent the first 6 years of our married life. We (let me rephrase … I) was so excited when we bought our little 2 bedroom condo. It was our first real home together. We soon out grew it and became not so fond of it, but always joked how one day we would look back on life in the Links and remember it as the best time of our life. Now, looking back, there were so many great memories there – beginnings of a great marriage, working life without kids, two sweet girls being born, transitioning to becoming a stay at home mom, friendships formed, etc! Cori and I spent quite a bit of time playing on the field behind our house as well. What fun we had!

End of Jan Download Big Camera 083

In 2012 we,

  • Found out that we would be moving to Birmingham
  • I ran my first (and maybe only) half marathon
  • Dave graduated Pediatric Residency
  • Took our family to Disney for the first time (and then a few times more!)
  • Went to two Rallies for Premier and continued to grow a great business
  • Got pregnant with baby number 3
  • Said goodbye to our family and friends as we moved away
  • Found out that baby #3 was a boy
  • Had our first Christmas alone
  • Potty trained Cori (at 2 years 4 months) – I don’t think this picture ever made it onto the blog and it’s just too funny not to share!

potty training

  • Dave got baptized
  • Cori started gymnastics
  • Found an AMAZING new church home

100_0692

Here is a picture of our family back in July. This was our first family photo taken in Birmingham! Wow! We sure did change a lot in 6 months!

I’m sure there was a lot more that I’m missing from 2012, but just wanted to wrap it up before moving on. 2013 here we come!!

No comments: