Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Day for Moms

baby dedication 039

Mothers Day was such a special day for me this year. We dedicated Finley to the Lord. We did the same thing with Cori 2 years ago and I love that this has become a tradition in our family. I plan to do it with future kids as well.

My mom, dad, and brother drove up from Tampa to be with us. David’s sister came up too. My sister met us at church the morning of the dedication. My heart was full of joy as we stood on stage at the Family Church, where we have attended church since we got married 6 years ago. My family and Dave’s sister sat in the audience to support us as we promised to raise our precious babies to serve the Lord with their whole hearts. Jonathan and Lacy, our dear friends, introduced us and said some sweet words about our family and Finley. Pastor Max spoke to the congregation about our family as well and how much he has appreciated us, loved watching us grow, and how he will miss us as we move to Birmingham. Then, he prayed over us and specifically for Finley.

Finley’s name means valorous solider. The verse they read over her at church was Proverbs 12:28, which states, “In the way of righteousness is life, and it it’s pathway there is no death.” We are praying so much for a righteous life for our girls. It really is the only kind of life to lead. We also have a special verse we picked out specifically for Finley when she was born and it is Psalm 3:8, which states, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.”

David held Finley as we stood on stage and she just kept gazing into the eyes of her daddy. She truly adores him and it’s so sweet to see. I pray she always loves her daddy like that.

 

baby dedication 027

So thankful to have Lacy and Jonathan in our lives.

 

baby dedication 024

So thankful for this sweet group of family members who came to support Finley on her special day. We missed those of you who couldn’t make it.

 baby dedication 037

So thankful for my precious family of 4. What a blessing they are!

What a beautiful day Mother’s Day turned out to be. I got to spend it with my mom and with both of my beautiful girls. We enjoyed a nice family lunch at Willie’s after church. Willie’s is a new burrito place, just incase you were wondering! Dave’s dad joined us for lunch before heading back to Tampa. It was great to have him there too. My parents stuck around until dinner and Dave made all 8 of us Tilapia and homemade Mac and Cheese. The perfect ending to a wonderful Mother’s Day!!

 

Thank you Lord for the abundant blessings in this life. Everything I have I owe to you. Lord, I’m amazed by you and how you love me.

No comments: