Monday, January 9, 2012

Blog Thoughts

Welcome 2012! It’s taken me a little while to get my blog thoughts up for the start of 2012. Mostly because Cori Belle has decided that 7 am is a good wake-up time for the new year so my quiet time/blog time has been cut short by an HOUR!!! I’m going to have to start waking up at 5:30 am it seems. Heaven help me!

Yesterday at church we sang two songs that moved me to my core. One I’ve shared with you before, but the other one is new to the blog. Both are Hillsong worship songs. I LOVE Hillsong. They take worship music to the next level. They write Anthems, and those are my most favorite songs to sing to the Lord. (David, if you’re reading this – I’d LOVE to go to a Hillsong concert. hint, hint!)

I’ve shared “The Stand” before.

I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the one who gave it all
I'll stand
My soul Lord to you surrendered
All I am is yours

The other is called “Forever Reign.” You can listen to it on youtube here. Cori and I watched the video this morning (several times) and she sang the name of Jesus. Every time the worship leader sang “Jesus,” Cori would repeat him as she swayed back and forth on the couch. Precious. The lyrics are so good and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do…

You are good, You are good
When there's nothing good in me
You are love, You are love
On display for all to see
You are light, You are light
When the darkness closes in
You are hope, You are hope
You have covered all my sin


You are peace, You are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true, You are true
Even in my wandering
You are joy, You are joy
You're the reason that I sing
You are life, You are life,
In You death has lost its sting


Oh, I’m running to Your arms,
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign


You are more, You are more
Than my words will ever say
You are Lord, You are Lord
All creation will proclaim
You are here, You are here
In Your presence I'm made whole
You are God, You are God
Of all else I'm letting go


Oh, I’m running to Your arms
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign


My heart will sing
no other Name
Jesus, Jesus

 

As we enter 2012, I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want this year to look like. I’ve been reading Radical by David Platt, which has really challenged me. It talks a lot about putting aside the things of this world and living radically, with heart abandon, sought solely after God. It’s a life that looks different. A life that says it’s not about me, it’s about God. A life that points everything back to God. A life that leads others to God. After all, that’s what it’s all about, right? When Jesus walked the earth, he made disciples of people. That was his purpose. Well, that, and to save us all from our sin! Which I’m pretty sure are the same thing! When Jesus died, he made sure his disciples knew what he wanted them to do. To carry on the gospel and make disciples of ALL NATIONS, to the ends of the earth! That’s why we are here. We aren’t here to climb the corporate ladder, live in fancy houses, have nice things, etc. We aren’t here to be comfortable. This life is NOT about us. It’s about Jesus. And EVERYTHING we do should point back to him. We should intentionally be living to show the love of Jesus to others. Intentionally making disciples. That was the last thing God asked us to do. Are we doing it? Wow, does that change your perspective on life when you think about it that way. At least it does for me.

You are more, You are more
Than my words will ever say
You are Lord, You are Lord
All creation will proclaim
You are here, You are here
In Your presence I'm made whole
You are God, You are God
Of all else I'm letting go.

Those words say it all. God is MORE than anything we could ever want. He makes us whole. He gives us life. He is GOD and of all else I’m letting go.

So, this year I have but one thing I want to accomplish. A life that looks more like the life of Jesus each and every day. It’s a big thing to accomplish and I know it will take YEARS of God teaching and refining me, but I’m so willing. I know I will mess up and make it about me at times. I’m human. And, because of that, I’m so thankful for God’s grace. I will never be perfect, but I will choose a life that is radically seeking the Lord. When this life is over, I want people to remember me as someone who did it HIS way (God’s way) even if that looks a little strange to some. It only matters to One. Jesus.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

1 comment:

CarriePedreiro said...

Michael and I are Hillsong groupies! I went to two of their concerts this year and Michael went to 3! When they do another US tour you HAVE to go! It will change the way you worship!