Wednesday, June 29, 2011

40 Weeks–almost!

I was given 3 different due dates for this pregnancy – June 30th, July 2nd, and July 5th. Absolute craziness, I know!! So, tomorrow marks 40 weeks according to the first due date given. I can’t believe it’s been that long!

I went to the OB yesterday for a regular check-up. We listened to Finley’s heartbeat, he measured the outside of my belly, and then checked my cervix. After a quick check, with a smile on his face, he said, “Well, would you like to have a baby on Friday?” Of course I want to have a baby!! And, the sooner, the better! :) I am 80% effaced and 4 cm dilated at the moment. So, if I don’t go into active labor on my own before Friday, we will be checking in to the hospital at 6 am to start Pitocin and get things rolling! My doctor assured me that she would be here by the early afternoon on Friday if that was the case. We couldn’t be more thrilled to meet our sweet new baby and are praying that all goes smoothly!!

We took our last belly shot last night and that sucker is HUGE!!

week 40 001 ps

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 40 Weeks – tomorrow!!

Size of baby: She should be a little over 7lbs at the moment – but let’s hope not too much bigger!!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 28.5 lbs – man, that feels like a lot! But, it’s actually 1.5 lbs less than I gained with Cori.

Maternity Clothes: Still wearing maternity tanks from Target DAILY :) and maternity shorts. Gotta keep it comfortable in this HOT weather!

Gender: It's a girl!!! Finley Grace Smith

Movement: Little clusters of BIG movement – may have something to do with those contractions I’m having!

Sleep: HA! What sleep?!

What I miss: Being comfortable – plain and simple.

Cravings: It’s varied all throughout pregnancy. I did buy a new tub of ice cream yesterday. Cookies and Cream, here I come!

Symptoms: CRAZY heartburn!! I don’t remember it being this bad with Cori.

Best Moment this week: Hearing that we will definitely have a baby here by Friday. It’s nice to know a little bit of information rather than just having to wait it out!!

week 40 001 ps

Week 40

 

My belly looks like a bullet! But I do actually look more comfortable this time around – not sure if I feel more comfortable though!! One other funny side note – CB was born in December (notice the paleness of my skin), and Fin will be here in the middle of summer (loving the tan!!) It makes all that extra weight look a lot nicer. HA!

Please be in prayer for us as we have our second sweet girl – pray for a quick and easy delivery! And, for both mom and baby to come through healthy!! You can also pray for Cori as she becomes a big sis. I know she is going to be a GREAT one!

2 comments:

Caleb & Emily said...

SO EXCITED! Glad we got to hang out on Wednesday before Finley debuts. Call me if you need anything...I'll be at north and south tower in the morning tomorrow! Love you guys and praying...Em

Tamie Mouro said...

Congratulations on July 1st being Finley's intro into the world. I told you at the beach she would wait to be born on my birthday! July 1st. Yeah!!!

Tamie