Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gator Gymnastics!

We took CB to her very first gymnastics meet on Friday. It was the Brest Cancer Awareness Meet so everyone was in pink! It was such a fun family outing! Not only did we go, but a few of our sweet friends were there with us. All the kiddos had a blast! Unfortunately, there weren’t enough seats down low for all 8 adults and 7 children to sit together, so we headed up to the nose bleed section of the O'Connell Center. Here’s a picture of the kids hanging on the railing as they watched those gymnasts in awe!

 

A few minutes later, one of the O’Connell Center attendants walked over to tell us that kids weren’t allowed to touch the railing. Try telling 7 kids under the age of 4 that they can’t touch the railing! HA! I will admit though, it was a little scary watching my little peanut stand so closely to the edge with a railing that she could easily fit though protecting her. I was happy to keep her away from the railing!! :)

Let me just say, sporting events are so much different now! I remember, not so long ago, being able to sit and enjoy watching a sporting event. I actually got to watch and stay the whole time. Well, that’s LONG gone!! We took a few walks around the O’Dome so Cori could stretch her legs and have a change in scenery. I think she would have walked multiple laps around the whole arena if we had let her. She LOVES to walk! We also had to leave just as the UF girls were warming up for floor (my FAVORITE event) because it was past CB’s bed time and she was getting a bit fussy. I think in the 1.5 hours we were there, I may have sat and watched 3-5 minutes total. Oh how times have changed!! … Even in the midst of chasing a one-year old around, I wouldn’t change it for the world. I LOVED getting to take my girl to a gymnastics meet. I hope one day she has a love for gymnastics like me.

 

PS .. Since little miss won’t let me put bows in her hair at the moment, I am sneaking them on her beanies, since she LOVES to wear hats!! A moms gotta do what a moms gotta do! HA! :)

4 comments:

Matt and Christen said...

How cool that you got to take Cori to a gymnastics meet. That's awesome. I can't imagine how hard it must be to watch it with her. Hope you are feeling good.

Casey and Rebecca said...

Oh how I miss those Gymnastics meets! Miss you guys, give our love to Cori.

Unknown said...

so fun! I love that you snuck a bow on her hat!! :)

Carrie said...

That bow on Cori's hat is too dang cute!