Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ringing in the New Year!!

Good-bye 2010. Hello 2011. As most of you know, I print my blog each year as a scrapbook for our family. I thought before I printed it this year, I would re-cap our year as best as possible. Let’s take a walk down memory lane…

Our year began on January 1, 2010 with a 5 day old baby girl. We couldn’t have started out the year better. She is pure JOY! Here she is in her ACDC onesie her daddy bought specifically to celebrate New Year’s in!

Cori 3 035

 

In February, David’s older brother, Ryan, got married! Missy and Ryan were wed on February 20, 2010. Cori was 2 months old and met her Uncle Casey and Aunt Rebecca for the first time!

Wedding - Ryan & Missy '10 096

Oh, yeah, and I got a spray tan for the first time and I was WAY TOO DARK! Never again!! :)

Wedding - Ryan & Missy '10 062

 

On March 11, David and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary! It was very low key since we had a little one at home, but we did get to go to out to eat on a date night with no baby!

Cori & kitchen 011

 

In April, we celebrated Easter as a family of 3 for the first time!

cori easter 2 024 photoshop

 

cori easter 2 016

 

In May we dedicated Cori Belle to the Lord and committed to raising her to glorify God in all her ways.

Cori dedication 011

 

We also traded in our Jeep for a Hyundai Santa Fe. The Jeep has so many memories .. cross country road trips, dates, driving away after our wedding, bringing our first baby home, etc. I have to admit, I was happy to say good-bye to the Jeep, but I’ll always remember the sweet times we had in it!

saltlake city to Ranch 057

 

In June we took our annual Smith beach vacation to Crescent Beach. Cori had a great time playing in the sand and water!

 

 

Cori also celebrated 6 months of life in June!

Cori 6 months 032 photoshop

 

In July we traveled to Nashville, Tennessee for David’s cousin’s wedding. This was Cori’s first plane ride and she did fantastic! The wedding was beautiful and it was so much fun celebrating the 4th in Nashville!

 

CB 4th 009 photoshop

 

Cori 4th of July 126

 

IMG_0458

 

In August, I turned 27 and David turned 28. Every year David takes me to the Melting Pot for my birthday and I SO look forward to it!

Birthday - Danielle 27 024

 

Football season started in September and this year, there was a new Gator in town!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In October, little miss dressed up as Tinker Bell, attended her first Pumpkin Party, and went trick or treating for the first time!

Cori - pumpkin party 022 photoshop

Cori - Halloween 2010 019 photoshop

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In November we found out that we would be having another baby come late June or early July (they keep changing my due date!) We told the families at Thanksgiving with Cori wearing a “Big Sis” shirt that I made.

baby girl 2

 

Thanksgiving 2010 086 photoshop

 

Thanksgiving 2010 070 photoshop

 

December ended perfectly as we celebrated Cori Belle’s one year birthday on the 28th. We also found out that baby #2 is most likely another GIRL!

Cori's 1st Birthday Party 114

 

Oh, it was such a wonderful year! Yes, there were hard times and sad times. There always are. But at the end of the day, I have so many things to be thankful for. Praying 2011 brings you much joy and a little bit closer to God each and every day. Until next time…

3 comments:

mama to many said...

What a year!!!
I love it and am looking forward to another year to see what God has in store for your family!

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

Love all the pictures! Y'all had a great year!!!

Stephanie said...

Very Sweet! It looks like you had a AMAZING year! I know 2011 will be JUST as WONDERFUL!