Saturday, November 21, 2009

Playing Catch-up!

If you know me well, you know I can't sit still for very long! I was trying to enjoy all my morning "free time" since I was just coaching cheerleading in the afternoons, but my "free time" soon turned to complete boredom and I decided I should get another job! Yes, at the time I was 8 months pregnant deciding I needed to work 2 jobs just to keep myself busy. Pregnancy has made me crazy! :) So, anyway, I applied to substitute teach at a church pre-school, which quickly turned into a 4 day a week job! I absolutely LOVE it! The experience of teaching 3rd, 1st, kindergarten, and now pre-school is just wonderful. I actually think I might want to get certified in pre-k. Teaching half a day doesn't sound too bad to me! :) I think I'll add it to my "to do" list!

All that being said, I have been running from one job to the next for the last month and haven't had much time for blogging. Since my plan is to print all my blog posts from 2009 to make a scrapbook (yes, I quit real scrap-booking and have found blogging much easier, not to mention CHEAPER!) I have to spend a little time playing catch-up! Hope you enjoy!

I'll start with Florida/Georgia... Dave and I traveled with some good 'ole Williston friends up to Jacksonville for the big game. Thanks Steph and William for the GREAT tickets! We enjoyed a yummy tailgate in the parking lot of the stadium and even got to see some old friends (Dan, Sara, Beth, and Andrew) while we were there. Our seats were amazing as we sat on the 20 yard line, 12 rows up. We were literally sitting on top of the covered area where the Gators ran on and off the field. Tim Tebow even looked up at me and smiled! (Well, maybe not directly at ME, but I'll just pretend he did!) It was another Gator victory with the Gators winning 41 to 17. Dun dun dun dun dun, Go GATORS!

Here's our yummy tailgate! The game was also on Halloween, hence the pumpkin jar. We thought we might get some trick-or-treaters at the game! :)

Lauren, Annie, me, and Stephanie all hanging out at our tailgate. Do you see baby Cori in there?
Check out just how close we were! My picture of Tebow turned out blurry! :(

The very next weekend I went down to Tampa for my first baby shower since hearing we were having a girl! It was such a wonderful time! My mom and David's mom threw the shower together. I loved watching both grandma's work together to prepare for little Cori Belle. She is already so loved and she isn't even born yet! She got tons of great gifts and lots of sweet baby clothing! I can't wait for her to get here!

Mama Smith, me, and my mom.

The next big event was taking maternity pictures! I think I'm going to make that a post of it's own because I just love them so much! You'll have to wait for the next blog post.. coming soon!! :)

No comments: