Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I can't believe Thanksgiving has already come and gone. This year seems to be flying by! Next thing I know it will be Christmas and we will have a baby here!!

Thanksgiving was a bit different this year. Dave, being a first year resident, had to work half the day (as well as the day after Thanksgiving) putting a wrench into our travel plans to see our family in Tampa. My whole family gets together every year at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Tampa - we missed all of you this year!! Dave's side of the family usually gets together at his parents house every year in Tampa, but this year was even a bit different for them as they went to visit Casey and Rebecca in Minnesota. And, Jamie, the most different of us all, spent Thanksgiving in Greece where she is studying abroad. That left us in Gainesville and Ryan & Missy in Tampa alone for Thanksgiving. Thankfully Ryan and Missy were able to come up and spend the day with us!

Ryan, Missy, Danielle (in tow with Cori Belle) and David

Usually there is a Smith kid picture to share on Thanksgiving, as well as a Russell/Carty family picture. Maybe at Christmas (Cori willing) we can get our family photos taken with one extra addition!

Although it was a different kind of Thanksgiving than most, it was still wonderful. We went over to our friends, Chauncey and Rose, house for Thanksgiving. Everyone brought a dish and I have to admit, I think it was the best selection of food at Thanksgiving I have ever experienced! I made sweet potato casserole, which was delicious! It was my first time actually contributing to Thanksgiving dinner. (I know, I'm 26 and I can't believe it has taken me this long to cook for Thanksgiving!!) Any of my family members who are reading this are probably thinking, "What, not only did you make sweet potato casserole, but you put something that's not white on your plate?!?!" Haha! Yes, I sure did! Normally my plate consists of mashed potatoes, white corn, and turkey, but this year I had mashed potatoes, green been casserole, corn bread casserole, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, and turkey. Look at all those colors! I would have made you guys proud!! :) I should have taken a picture of my plate, but below is just a sample of the food. There was more spread out on the counters. We are abundantly blessed!


This year, I am so thankful for a healthy, precious baby girl growing inside of me. It's a strange feeling to know there is an actual human being in there, kicking and punching me constantly. Growing a baby is truly a miracle and a gift from God above. I feel truly blessed this holiday season to be starting a family with the love of my life. I am more in love with my husband every day and can't believe God made him just for me. Thank you Lord for all your blessings you have bestowed upon us! We pray we can give back to you the way you have given to us.

No comments: