I LOVE being a mommy! Even though I've only been a mommy for a month, it is the most rewarding job I have ever had. From 5 am feedings to poop squirting out of her diaper to the little smiles when her belly is full...I couldn't ask for anything more. She is a complete JOY and our family is so blessed to have her.
Yesterday I was sitting with all the wonderful women from Mom's Group when someone began talking about a blog they came across. It's a blog written by a mom who posts every week about the things she LOVES about her children. It's so sweet. It encouraged me to write down everything I love about my little one, even though I am 4 weeks out!
The things I LOVE about Cori Belle... (in no particular order!)
- The way you stretch - your back arches, your booty sticks out, your head throws back, your cheeks puff up, and your forehead crinkles. It's the CUTEST thing!
- Your beautiful, big eyes!
- The cooing sounds you make when you nurse and suck on your nook.
- Your "baby bird" face when you're about to nurse.
- Your precious, little feet.
- Putting bows in your hair. (Or on your head, rather!)
- Seeing you sleep with your daddy.
- Giving you a bath .. and your sweet smell when you get out of the tub!
- The strength in your legs when you get really mad!
- The big smiles you give when you play with your daddy.
- The smallness of your body when you pull your legs to your chest.
- The precious way you look when you sleep.
- Taking family pictures!
- The calming effect your car seat has on you.
- The sweetness of taking pictures of you.
Oh, there are so many things I love about my little girl, I could go on forever! I think I'll save some for next week. Until next time...