Thursday, July 23, 2009

18 weeks, 2 days

Time flies when you're having fun! Being pregnant has been so good to me so far. I have enjoyed every minute of it. I have been feeling great, a little tired every now and then, but who doesn't enjoy a nap? :) I thought I'd post some pregnancy pictures up for you guys to see. I haven't grown too much, at least I don't think. It's so funny when your belly starts growing. It just becomes a part of you and you don't even realize it's there at times. Of course that may change when I get bigger. I'll probably be toppling over as time goes on, but I can't wait!

To the left is a picture of me at 7 weeks and to the right is a picture of me at 18 weeks. I've definitely gotten a tan and my tummy is definitely growing! :) At 18 weeks the baby is 5 1/2 inches (crown to rump) and weighs about 5 1/4 ounces. The baby also looks much more like a human! Yay - he or she is not an alien anymore!

We go back in for another ultrasound at 20 weeks. This is the big one. The doctor will check everything out - head, shoulders, knees and toes (and everything else in between!) The sex should be able to be determined by then although we won't find out. Some of our good friends are throwing us a party where we will find out the sex. So, I should say that Rose, Lauren & Kristy will find out on Aug 4th, but we have to wait a bit longer to find out. It will be worth the wait though! I can't wait to celebrate the sex of our baby with all our closest friends!

Please continue to pray for the health and development of our little one.

For this child we prayed.
1 Samuel 1:27

1 comment:

Matt and Christen said...

Danielle - soo great that you've had a good pregnancy so far. Super excited how God is working in your life. Thanks for sharing how faithful is. Miss you guys.
Love,
Christen (and Matt)